rhi: Methos, underlit.  "Here in the shadows." (Methos shadows)
[personal profile] rhi
What? I get to be silly on my own journal. Although I refuse to use Kronos for an icon on that...

Anyway. I'm putting stories on pages and trying to figure out how best to update my website after not doing so for um, almost 3 years and probably 60 stories now. Anyone have any suggestions? (As I keep coding fic....)

Poll #14047 Updating my site
Open to: Registered Users, detailed results viewable to: All, participants: 33


What's the best way to post the updates?

View Answers

One fell swoop.
4 (12.1%)

Three fell swoops for people to catch up; I'll suggest an interval between new posts in the comments.
1 (3.0%)

Do all the series stories in one update, then the free-standing stories in the next; time interval between posted in the comments.
1 (3.0%)

Do all the free-standing stories in one update, then the series stories in the next; time interval between posted in the comments.
1 (3.0%)

Something else I'll suggest in the comments.
1 (3.0%)

I have no suggestions on this, but I wish you luck and/or virtual chocolate/caffeine/sanity.
25 (75.8%)



You know: suggestions happily taken, but the work's on me.

(no subject)

Date: 2013-08-12 08:53 pm (UTC)
seferin: (Default)
From: [personal profile] seferin
Interval is whenever you please, as you aren't getting paid for this. :P

(no subject)

Date: 2013-08-12 08:55 pm (UTC)
lferion: (HL_Methos_CaHBook)
From: [personal profile] lferion
Actually, I do have suggestions, but the good energy matters first!

I'd say post the updates in segments that make sense to you, but probably not more than three or four separate posts.

Another thing you might do is put a link to your AO3 dashboard somewhere there.

Good luck!

(no subject)

Date: 2013-08-13 06:36 pm (UTC)
waywren: (Default)
From: [personal profile] waywren
What does it being a hell of a lot of stories to read through matter? We can just work through it at our own pace, surely ^^

(no subject)

Date: 2013-08-12 09:05 pm (UTC)
mayireadtoday: (Default)
From: [personal profile] mayireadtoday
Yes, I'd like to see you update your website. I don't care about the specifics because it's your pace.

(no subject)

Date: 2013-08-13 12:12 am (UTC)
ithildin: (My Fic Icons - Ith's Fic)
From: [personal profile] ithildin
I have no wisdom. Mostly because I'm even farther behind than you are, and I think I shall never update again. LJ and AO3 have made me so lazy.

(no subject)

Date: 2013-08-13 12:16 am (UTC)
beck_liz: Bamboo Yellow Flowers (Default)
From: [personal profile] beck_liz
Hah. I notice almost none of us had any actual suggestions, just support. :-D Do it in whatever order feels best/is easier for you.

(no subject)

Date: 2013-08-13 03:58 pm (UTC)
samjohnsson: It's just another mask (Default)
From: [personal profile] samjohnsson
Having done the "oh god, I have to add or update how many pages" for other sites? It's a lot easier to just open the floodgates.

(no subject)

Date: 2013-08-13 06:35 pm (UTC)
waywren: (Default)
From: [personal profile] waywren
Doing the series first and then the freestandings sounds like the best route, but I have no ideas as to time lapse, so I just picked the virtual choco.

May I ask...

Date: 2013-09-07 05:28 pm (UTC)
seferin: (Reading Room)
From: [personal profile] seferin
At your convenience, would you update http://rhi.moonlit-eyrie.com/stories/favoritelinks.html or reply with some good things you have read lately? I find you're an excellent judge of quality.

Re: May I ask...

Date: 2013-09-15 12:51 am (UTC)
seferin: (Default)
From: [personal profile] seferin
Avengers, Burn Notice, Continuum, Doctor Who, Dresden Files, Due South, Forever Knight, Good Omens, Highlander, Leverage, Lost Girl, Sherlock, Slings and Arrows, Vorkosigan, to name just a few.

You honestly got me into a lot of new fandoms over the years.

Re: May I ask...

Date: 2013-09-15 02:31 pm (UTC)
seferin: (Default)
From: [personal profile] seferin
Thank you very much. :)

June 2026

S M T W T F S
 123456
78910 111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
282930    

Custom Text

You must have been warned against letting the golden hours slip by ... some of them are golden only because we let them slip by. - James Matthew Barrie,

Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who only dream by night. - Edgar Allen Poe

I often warn people: Somewhere along the way, someone is going to tell you, 'There is no "I" in team.' What you should tell them is, 'Maybe not. But there is an "I" in independence, individuality and integrity.' - George Carlin

Tags

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags